Optimise your route
You can set your map, route, and navigation preferences to personalise what SYNC™ displays during active navigation. To access these features, press the Settings icon in the Feature Bar, and then press the Navigation icon. Choose from the following options:
- Press Map Appearance to have SYNC™ display 3D city models (if available), Landmarks and POI icons on the touchscreen map as they appear along your route. You can also select from a variety of Incident Map icons that alert you to conditions that may affect your route such as traffic jams, weather warnings and more.
- Press Route preferences to tell SYNC™ how to calculate your route. You can select Fast, Easy or Short. (The default route is Fast)
- Press Sound to select the prompts you want SYNC™ to use during navigation. Disable or Enable Voice guidance, or adjust Verbosity Level for how much and how often SYNC™ prompts you.
Planning a Multipoint Route
To build your route destination-by-destination, perform the following steps:
- Tap the menu button on the Navigation view to access the Navigation menu.
- Tap Multipoint Route icon.
- On the Multipoint Route screen, there is only one line in the list of route points, the starting point of the route; which is by default the current GPS position.
- Tap Destination + to select the destination.
- The New Route to… screen appears, where you can select the destination of the route by Address, Places, Saved Locations etc.
- When the selected location appears on the map, tap Select as Destination and the list returns.
- To add more route points, tap Insert Waypoint + or tap Final Destination + to change the final destination. The Add to Route… menu appears again, where you can select the new route point.
- (optional) Tap the dropdown arrow button to optimise the whole route or the order of waypoints. You can also delete all the destinations.
- When you have added all the route points, tap Calculate Route and the planned route is automatically calculated.
- Tap Start Navigation to start your journey.