Connecting your device to SYNC™ 3 by Bluetooth®
To access media stored on a Bluetooth®-enabled smartphone or other digital device, you must first pair and connect it to SYNC™ 3.
- Enable your phone or device’s Bluetooth® feature, and make it discoverable.
- Press the Settings icon in the Feature bar at the bottom of the touchscreen.
- Press Bluetooth® Devices and then Add a Bluetooth® Device.
- Press Connect.
- Search for devices on your mobile phone, until SYNC™ is found.
- When prompted on your device’s display, confirm that the PIN displayed by SYNC™ 3 matches the PIN displayed on your device.
- The SYNC™ 3 display will then indicate that pairing is successful.
After successful pairing, you can choose to make your device the primary.
Playing music on your Bluetooth®-enabled device
One you’ve chosen Bluetooth® Stereo as the Audio Source, you can use both the touchscreen and voice commands to control playing.*
From the main Bluetooth® Stereo touchscreen, you can control playing with:
- Advance, Reverse, Pause, Play or Repeat playing
- Shuffle to play tracks in random order
- Browse, if available, allows you to select a particular track displayed in the Now Playing playlist on the touchscreen
*Note: Command and control are phone-dependent features. View the SYNC™ 3 compatibility chart for your device.